Fearless Eating, Every Day

The food-seeking missile, with occasional film and decor thrown in.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Loco Moco: I'm a believer.


So I'd never heard of this dish before I started working and was exposed to Hawaiian food. Today my team went for some bonding at Hukilau in Palo Alto, ate like kings and then learned how to mix some simple drinks after a basic bartending class. But first, the loco:

1 bed of rice
2 cutlets crisp-fried chicken katsu
2 eggs fried over-easy
Brown gravy, to smother.

If that sounds like one of the most heart-hostile concoctions of pure delishousness, I tell you people, it IS. Apparently the more authentic way is to eat it with hamburger meat, not chicken. But I wasn't about to complain. Plus, I had spam musubi and that put me in a good mood already.

Anyway, I also learned how to make an Aloha:

1 c ice
1/2 c vodka
Splash grenadine
Splash raspberry liquer
Top off w/ equal parts 7up and guava juice

Shake, pour, garnish and serve. A bit too fruity/girly for my taste. My roommate made some yummy combination of Kahlua, Bailey's and Frangelico, topped w/ whipped cream, which won her "Best Presentationl."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home